Question about carbon monoxide...so I have way too many alarms and sensors in my apartment, because when the building sold last year they added a ton of new ones next to the old ones. My old CO detector (says 2007 on the back) starting doing the "I'm out of battery" chirp the other day. When I replaced the batteries, it now just emits a loud continuous beep until I take the batteries out. The brand-new, plugged into the wall CO detector has made no noise this whole time and the green, everything's ok light is on. So, is it likely that my old detector is just dead? Or am I going to die?